Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Review: Dragon Dreams by Dusty Lynn Holloway

Dragon Dreams by Dusty Lynn Holloway


Link to buy Dragon Dreams (The Chronicles of Shadow and Light Book 1)

Story Rating: 3 out of 5

Review:


The thing that drew me to this book first was the title, secondly the synopsis with dragons, elves and dwarfs. Not to mention the unusual names of the characters... Nachal, a young human raised by a Dragon Sword Master, Auri an elf, who obviously can't see the wood for the trees when it comes to intelligence. The general layout of their world does hold familiarity's to other books. I wouldn't call this one of my favorite reads but then I'm not in the age group this has been written for, if I had read it in my teens then it would have appealed to me more. At times I picked the book up to put it down again minutes later, and I struggled with the decision to continue reading. 

I would recommend this book to my teenage daughters. The author has the concept and storyline, and it's well written to suit it's target audience. 

Reviewed by Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment