Sunday, February 8, 2015

Review: Behind Locked Doors by C. A. Wittchen

Behind Locked Doors by C. A. Wittchen

Link to buy Behind Locked Doors (Devils Grace)

Story Rating: 2 out of 5

Blurb:

With the memory of a hallway taken by fire and a closed door at its end, seventeen year old Tempest Laurier unwittingly discovers that danger reaches close to home when she decides to search for her birth father, bringing more than demons out of the shadows. Finding herself caught in the middle of a conflict among two worlds of the Species, the faeries and demons, this sets her on a crumbling road of physical and psychological pain, along with loss as relationships are tried and truths are discovered. The one thing Tempest never saw coming is an ugly secret straight into the heart of what should be her normal human life.

Review:

This book is long and at times very difficult to follow. There are many characters who come and go so quickly you almost need to take notes to keep them all straight in your head. Besides the many characters, there are faeries, werewolves, magic, people of other magical places, evil stepparents, mermen, visions, and I am pretty certain there was a vampire in there too.

There were many times I was reading and trying to figure out who was who and how were they related to the other characters in the story that I lost track of what was actually happening. A few times I felt like turning in a DNF review but my momma didn't raise no quitter. So I continued on hoping that at the end I would get a feeling of redemption and that everything would be sorted out and become clear to me, but that did not happen. In fact, I found the ending to fall flat. I do think this happened because I was pretty much confused throughout a large majority of this book. This author seemed to try to put too many people and creatures into one book. It was just too much and sometimes the saying "less is more" really is true.

Reviewed by Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment